Produced in cooperation with the United Methodist Congress of the Deaf. Hymns for Signing was developed to provide hearing-impaired persons access to hymns as they are sung. Many words and concepts in hymns do not exist in American Sign Language (ASL). Signers must translate hymns used in worship into ASL prior to the service.
This text-only edition is primarily for signers for use in worship and other church settings. It will also be helpful to hearing-impaired persons themselves for use with their families or in other areas.
- Contains more than 600 hymns translated into American Sign Language
- Features an easy-to-use, easy-to-read format
- Contains an excellent collection of traditional and gospel hymns
- Allows hearing-impaired persons to participate in worship
- Serves an important ministry function