Experiences in congregations of many denominations across the United States indicate that Grow-One Sunday is especially valuable in six kinds of churches:
1. Small congregations
2. Churches that have never conducted an annual stewardship program
3. Churches whose unpleasant experience with an ineffective stewardship model in past years prejudiced them against conducting any kind of financial stewardship program
4. Large churches that find the traditional “celebration luncheon” in the popular Consecration Sunday Stewardship Program logistically impossible, due to lack of space
5. Churches that want to change from a stewardship program they have used for several years but seems to have lost its appeal
6. Churches that want their financial stewardship education to focus on spiritual growth rather than on fund-raising.
Grow-One Sunday is a spiritual-growth program as well as a financial campaign. It is based on the biblical theology of “the need of the giver to give” for his or her own spiritual development, not on the “need of the church to receive” in order to balance its budget.
Permission is granted to photocopy the complete program (not excerpts) for use in congregations. Copying for distribution in any other way --either for free or for sale -- is an express violation of US copyright law.
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0, PDF file format, downloaded free on this web site
$10 per download
Also requires purchase of:
009405, Consecration Sunday Stewardship Prog Est Giv Card 100 for $9.25
Additional recommended Resources:
488383, Right on the Money, Brian Bauknight
513318, Money Is/Isn't Everything, Herb Miller
034484, Stewardship Nuggets (download product), Herb Miller