Navigating the contemporary spiritual maze is a challenge.
This book will help readers:
• Think clearly about Christian spirituality
• Understand its basic dynamics, and
• Utilize classic and contemporary resources with discernment
Join Glen on his sabbatical pilgrimages to Iona Abbey in Scotland, spiritually significant sites in Italy and Turkey, and renewal centers in North America. Listen as he provides brief profiles of memorable people and places from the rich history of Christian spirituality. Consider his rediscovery that Christian spirituality is about living all of life before God in the transforming and empowering presence of his Spirit.
This biblically informed book traces the contours of such an encompassing spirituality. It offers a simple yet comprehensive model with three dimensions:
• A relational dimension (Christ with us)
• A transformational dimension (Christ in us), and
• A vocational dimension (Christ through us)
It is not meant to replace any of the devotional classics or a single one of the many helpful contemporary treatments of Christian spirituality. It is a companion volume to the rest—a modest-sized but reliable guide to the whole field.