Easy to use, this thoroughly revised and expanded edition of Alternative Medicine keeps pace with the latest findings and developments in alternative medicine. Here is the most comprehensive, current, well-balanced, and trustworthy information available from both a scientific and a biblical perspective.
With more entries than ever providing the most current, thorough, and balanced information available, this revised and expanded edition is the definitive resource on alternative medicine for Christians.
- Herbal remedies, supplements, and alternative therapies--their specific uses, which ones really work, and what to watch out for
- Christian versus non-Christian approaches to holistic health
- Clinically proven treatments versus unproven or quack treatments
- Truths and fallacies about supernatural healing
- Ancient medical lore: the historical, cultural, and scientific facts
- And much more
Written from a distinctively Christian perspective by university lecturer and researcher Dnal O'Mathna, PhD, and national medical authority Walt Larimore, MD, here are detailed and balanced answers to your most pressing questions about alternative medicine--and to other questions you wouldn't have thought to ask.
The most complete resource of its kind, this book also includes two alphabetical reference sections on alternative therapies and herbal remedies, cross-references linking specific health problems with alternative therapies and herbal remedies, and more.