Invite C. S. Lewis into your reading of Scripture
For generations, readers have found insight from Lewis' articulate and distinctive reflections on fundamental issues of faith through his celebrated classics. Now his wisdom and timeless insights have been placed side by side with the NRSV text so you can benefit from the years Lewis gave to close personal study of the Bible as it informed his own writing. Invite C. S. Lewis to be your companion during your devotional Bible reading and experience how his unflinchingly honest insight will draw you deeper into Scripture.
Renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability, the NRSV faithfully serves the church in personal spiritual formation, in the liturgy, and in the academy. The foremost Bible translation vetted by Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars invites you to deeply explore Scripture.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version (Protestant canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- Over 600 readings, culled from C. S. Lewis' spiritual classics, essays, and letters
- Essays on C. S. Lewis' view of Scripture and his journey of faith
- Indexes to guide you to each reading from C. S. Lewis
- Concordance to help you find familiar biblical words and passages
- Double-column format
- Presentation page