God speaks. We Respond. Live the Conversation.
NRSV LIVE is designed for doodling. For reflection. As a place to let your creative ideas and thoughts on faith splash out across the page. Inside you'll find plenty of opportunities to respond to what you read. To question. To think. To express yourself. And to get you started, we've already included hundreds of expressions submitted by people your age who looked for God in their neighborhoods...schools...families...parishes...the world. Wait until you see what they found.
Renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability, the NRSV faithfully serves the Church in personal spiritual formation and in the academy. The foremost Bible translation vetted by Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars invites you to deeply explore Scripture. This edition bears the imprimatur of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops and includes the 73 books of the Roman Catholic Canon in an anglicized text.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version (Catholic Canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- Introductions to real life people. People who did remarkable things. Catholic saints and other faithful men and women around the globe who serve as witnesses and who chose to live vibrantly for Jesus, no matter what circumstances came their way.
- The path of discipleship throughout the Bible to help you discover how the Bible can be a map for your lifelong faith journey and how it's connected to every part of your life and Catholic Church teachings.
- Imprimatur of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Concordance for finding key verses