There is evidence of the Big "G" of globalization all around us, from imports from China to outsourcing of jobs. This study counters with the Big "G" of the Gospel to aid youth in dealing with the implications of globalization. Provides creative approaches, adaptable to church school, youth group or retreat settings.
This study explores globalization, a highly complex system of interrelated process, through the eyes of youth:
Chapter 1: What is the Big G?
- What are the key elements of economic globalization and how do we as youth relate to it?
- How are our daily lives different from the lives of our parents?
- How are our lives unique?
Chapter 2: Down and Out in Discount America
- What is the impact of the "Wal-Mart phenomenon" on us and other youth around the world?
- How do we benefit from the availability of cheap consumer goods? At what cost?
Chapter 3: Youth: Who, Where, What?
- What is the impact of the growing youth population, both here and in the developing world?
- What is the effect on the youth culture of being the target of predatory marketing?
- How can we contrast the message of the Big G with the message of the authentic Big G- the Gospel, and what difference does it make?