Combining personal experiences with helpful information, Cavan Wood provides a framework to better understand and support families living with autism.
Autism affects not only the autistic person, but also everyone with whom they come into contact. Families can face a long and often bewildering journey from the moment they notice the first possible signs of autism.
As the father of an autistic child himself, Cavan Wood combines real-life stories with clear information to help parents better understand autism and support their child through diagnosis and the social contexts they will encounter through life.
Entertaining Angels also shows how schools, workplaces and churches can become friendlier places for autistic people. Recognising that all people are made in the image of God, Cavan Wood offers practical tips on creating inclusive and transformative communities where all are valued and welcomed.
Content Benefits: Cavan Wood distils autism information in an accessible way that will help support families facing a diagnosis, and encourages the wider community to be more welcoming to those on the autism spectrum.
- Provides helpful information to better understand autism
- Helps parents recognise signs on the autism spectrum
- Helpful tips on navigating home life, school and the workplace
- Includes personal stories of real-life experiences
- Questions for reflection are included
- Frames autism within a Christian context
- Shares a practical vision for creating autism-friendly churches
- Suitable for parents wanting information and help on autism
- Helpful for friends and families who want to support a loved one with autism
- Useful for school leaders, employers and church leaders who want to be more accommodating to the needs of autistic people
- Content advice provided by an autism charity