Anyone raising a child faces "landmines," and knowing how to navigate them can seem daunting. These "landmines"-external forces that can harm a child or block their healthy growth and development-can be detrimental to a child's physical and emotional health and security. Mike Weiford knows. He's spent more than four decades working with children, teens, and adults with physical and emotional abuse histories. He has seen the devastating impact of landmines on kids and those who raise them.
Yet some landmines are preventable, and Navigating the Minefield is the first step for knowing how to sidestep these threats that may pose a risk to the health, safety, and well-being of children in your care.
In Navigating the Minefield, you'll learn:
- Important child growth and development information
- In-depth focus on parent-infant bonding, with photos to illustrate
- Positive discipline techniques
- Parenting skills for talking down an angry or threatening child or teen
- The power of forgiveness
- How to reduce the risk of abuse and neglect for future generations
- Why it's important to help children develop godly character traits, including compassion and a moral compass
- Why parents and caregivers must deal with their own self-esteem, addiction, and anger issues
- And more
With workbook sections sprinkled throughout for reflection, Navigating the Minefield is a powerful, practical resource for anyone tasked with the gift of raising a child in this landmine-filled world.