It's Sammy's birthday and six-year-old Molly is feeling jealous. Birthdays mean friends. Birthdays mean cake. Birthdays mean gifts But at Lantern Hill Farm, birthdays mean so much more. Join Molly and friends as they go on a treasure hunt for Sammy's birthday. With their lists of riddles, the children embark on a scavenger hunt that reveals that the greatest treasure of all is God's love. Molly and the other children learn that even better than gifts, they can have a second birthday by choosing to be members of God's family.
Featuring illustrations by Drew Krevi (Marvel, Cartoon Network, and Disney artist), this charming picture book will remind kids of The Best Birthday gift of all (Features treasure hunt activity in the back).
Board book, ages 1-4, approx. 24 pages, 8 x 8 inches. ISBN 978-1-62862-800-5.
4 Key Features of The Best Birthday
- Christ-Centered: Focusing on Jesus' salvation for us, loving God, and serving others, The Best Birthday encourages a biblical way of celebrating birthdays and paves the way for a Christ-centered foundation for your kids for life
- Eye-Catching and Colorful Illustrations: Fun and engaging illustrations (by Disney animator Drew Krevi) that will keep even the shortest attention spans glued to this heartwarming story.
- Age-Appropriate: For your kids aged one to four years old, The Best Birthday board book can make the perfect read-to-me bedtime book. (This story also is available in a picture-book format for kids 4-7 to read on their own.)
- Hands-On Family Activities: Holidays are an opportunity to create family traditions & memories. At the back of the book are easy-to-follow suggestions and activities for building your very own birthday scavenger hunt that you and your kids can do every year
About the Lantern Hill Farm Series
Holidays are an opportunity for celebration and a time to create family traditions and memories. Yet often the emphasis shifts from the reason for the holiday to making the children the center of the celebration. The Lantern Hill Farm series of picture books and board books is designed to provide parents and grandparents entertaining stories with easy-to-recreate family activities that allow the child to be part of the holiday but not the center of it. Books in the Lantern Hill Farm Series:
- The Christmas Cradle
- The Backward Easter Egg Hunt
- The Best Birthday
Meadow Rue Merrill is an award-winning journalist with two decades of published writing experience. She recently published a memoir about her family called Redeeming Ruth (Hendrickson Publishers, 2017). She also regularly contributed to Motherlode, a popular column of the New York Times. She began reporting for The Times Record, a daily newspaper in Brunswick, Maine, and spent the following eight years corresponding for The Boston Globe and Harvard University. She has regular columns with The Portland Press Herald, Maine's largest newspaper and Down East magazine. She currently resides in Richmond, Maine.
Drew Krevi is a freelance artist with clients from many different industries such as Disney, Marvel Comics, Cartoon Network, Group Publishing, and Gospel Light. When he's not working in the studio, Drew enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters in California. Drew also teaches Sunday school to fourth- through sixth-grade kids, stays involved with VBS, and volunteers with Amor Missions, building homes for the underserved in Mexico. He is also a regular runner, plays some softball here and there, and loves a good carne asada burrito