Here, in these pages, first published in 1931, is the story of the first sixty years of St. Cecilia's parish in Brooklyn, NY. Under the stewardship of Msgr. Edward McGolrick (1857-1938), an impressive network of social support that touched practically every aspect of a parishioner's life was built: a maternity hospital, a day care center (the first of its kind in the country!), the largest Catholic parochial school building in America, a sports facility for her youth, housing for religious sisters and brothers, and charitable support for indigent burials. And of course, last but not least-in a borough filled with beautiful historic architecture-a church that is considered one of the most beautiful in all Brooklyn. It is a cathedral for the common man. Agnes King tells the story of a rare parish including its buildings, societies, pastors, and even the listings of early contributions. A delight and a keepsake for anyone hailing from St. Cecilia's parish, Brooklyn.