Christianity, Cults and Religions helps Christians know what they believe and why
. It helps clarify the differences between various religions, cults, and religious movements and makes a great study guide for small groups, personal study, or Sunday school classes. A well-researched overview from a Christian viewpoint, it contains basic charts that compare world religions, cults and sects. Each world religion, sect, and/or cult is condensed to 100 words for a quick overview. The book explains the basics of the Christian faith and the differences between Christianity and world religions and sects. It includes an optional study guide for Bible studies and adult Sunday school classes. General editor Paul Carden is executive director of the Centers for Apologetics Research and former cohost of the Bible Answer Man
radio program.World Religions Compared
Christianity and Offshoots Compared
- Theravada (path of the elders)
- Mahayana (greater vehicle)
- Vajrayana (diamond vehicle)
- Hare Krishna
- Shaivism (theistic rather than impersonalistic)
- Shaktism (devotion to Shakti or the divine mother)
- Vaishnavism (worship of Vishnu)
- Healthy, Happy, Holy (3HO)
- Radha Soami (Eckankar and MSIA Movement for Spiritual Inner Awareness)
- Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
- Nation of Islam
- Taoism (Daoism)
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Bahá'í World Faith
Other Groups ComparedReligous Beliefs of World Religions and Cults Compared
- Mormonism (Latter-day Saints or Mormons)
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- Christian Science
- Unification Church (Sun Myung Moon)
- Unity School of Christianity
- New Age Movement
- Scientology (Dianetics)
Christianity, Cults and Religions Combines These Titles
- Founder, Date, Location
- Authoritative Writings
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What happens after death?
- How does one gain Salvation?
- Other beliefs and practices
- Christianity, Cults & the Occult
- Christianity & Eastern Religions
- Islam & Christianity
- 10 Questions and Answers on Jehovah's Witnesses
- 10 Questions and Answers on Mormonism
- 10 Keys to Witnessing to Cults