Is following Jesus really worth it?
At some point, we have all questioned our faith. We've asked questions like: Is Christianity worth it? If we go all-in following Jesus, will we miss out on the best life has to offer? But what makes us ask these questions in the first place? Why are we so tempted by the allure of a life outside of God's will? Thankfully, Jesus addressed these questions through the well-known parable of the prodigal son from the Gospel of Luke.
In this story, we meet a young man who demands his inheritance then wastes it in a far off country away from the watchful eye of his father. When he finds that the world and its pleasures do not deliver on their promises, he determines to return home to his father.
In this Bible study, Pastor Matt Carter walks through the parable verse by verse, showing that true life is never found in the far off country, but rather the best life is found in the love of our Father. The Prodigal Son Teen Bible Study Book
includes printed content for eight small group sessions, personal study between meetings, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," leader guide, and other features.
- Eight small-group sessions
- Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Interactive teaching videos featuring author Matt Carter; approximately 10-12 minutes for each session, available separately
- See the progression from temptation to sin, and learn to avoid it.
- Find answers to the big questions all Christians ask in their faith journeys.
- Meet the big and gracious heavenly Father who rejoices over and celebrates your relationship with Him.
- Diagnose the root of your sin problem.
- Accept what it truly means to be loved and forgiven by Jesus.
- See how God draws believers to Himself when they are lost and wayward.
- Realize the sin is an utter waste of time.
- Mourn your sin to find comfort in Jesus.
- Come home to receive the love of your Father.