The Bible is the inspired Word of God written by people like you, for people like you, and about people like you.
The Dig into the Bible unit uses selected scriptures throughout its eight stations. They include:
- Stories of Daniel (Daniel 1-6)
- Food eaten by Bible people (Genesis 43:11; Exodus 29:7; Leviticus 20:24; Numbers 11:4-6; Deuteronomy 24:20-21; 1 Samuel 30:11-12; 2 Kings 4:41; Psalm 119:103; Isaiah 12:3; Luke 11:12).
- Scripture-based songs (Psalm 119:11, 12, 16, 105; Psalm 150; Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Matthew 22:36-40).
Children will explore the following:
- Through oral tradition God helped storytellers keep the stories of the Bible alive for hundreds of years before those stories were written down.
- God inspired many people to write down the stories and teachings of the Bible.
- God inspires people to read and study the Bible and helps them live faithfully.
- learn how to find specific Bible verses in the Bible;
- begin to learn the names of the books of the Bible;
- learn that the Bible was written down by many people over hundreds of years;
- learn that the Bible offers us a guide for daily living.