The Bible, written by many different people over a long period of time, has been preserved and translated into many languages so it is now available to people around the world. Bible Story Reference: 2 King 22:8-23:3
Bible Verses: Joshua 1:8; Isaiah 40:8; Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Hebrews 4:12
In this unit children will learn:
- The books of the Bible were written over a long period by people of different backgrounds.
- The decision of what books go into the Old and New Testaments, the canon, was made many years ago.
- These books have been accepted by Christians as inspired by God.
- The Old Testament is the "Bible" that Jesus knew and quoted.
- The New Testament contains the story of Jesus, his disciples, and the beginning of the Christian church.
- All of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, helps us know how God acts in relationship to people and to know how we should relate to God.
- We need to know what the Bible says and apply it to our daily lives.
- We do not have any of the original manuscripts of the books of the Bible, but we do have some very old copies.
- The Bible has been saved from destruction and made available in many languages over the years; some people involved took great risks to assist in this.