The Out of Egypt unit uses the Bible story included in Exodus 2-14. God worked through Moses to free the people of Israel from slavery. God works through ordinary people to do God's work in the world today.
By the end of this unit children will:
- identify the Exodus as the defining event in the lifes of the Hebrew people;
- discover that God wants all people to be free, to be treated with respect, justice, and kindness;
- recognize that, like persons of Bible times, they are called by God and can respond to God's call in many different ways;
- be assured that they can trust God's guidance and God's care and know that God is always with them;
- be shown how God can work through people to accomplish God's work on earth;
- discuss how God is present with people in the world today, even where there is suffering and trouble;
- be reminded that they can turn to God when they are troubled or afraid, and know that God hears and cares.