The Good News! unit uses the Bible stories included in Luke 1:8-24, Luke 1:26-38, Matthew 1:18-24, and Luke 1:39-56. The first people to hear the good news of Jesus each had a special role to play in introducing the news to the world. Each of us is called to share the Good News of God's Son, Jesus.
By the end of this unit children will:
- Develop the necessary Bible skills to locate the birth stories in the books of Matthew and Luke;
- Learn that ordinary people were chosen by God to play a role in Jesus' coming;
- Discover ways to share the good news with others through word and deed;
- Learn the difference between Matthew and Luke's accounts of Jesus' birth;
- Explore ways we can share good news today.