Ready to study the gospels with a new perspective?
The Gospels--Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John--are four accounts of one extraordinary life. These books aren't fairytales, fiction, or legend; they are gospel truth. In this eight-session Bible study, Rebecca McLaughlin will guide you through identifying and understanding the different kinds of writing in these ancient texts. Through this journey, your confidence in the truth of Scripture will be renewed, and you'll gain a more captivating view of the Savior.
- 8 small-group sessions; 7 weeks of personal study
- 8 introductory videos featuring author Rebecca McLaughlin available via redemption code printed in the Bible study book
- Leader Guide in the back of the Bible study book to guide questions and discussion with small groups
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered
- Personal study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Free leader resources, including promotional video and social media assets, available for download at lifeway.com
This book will help teens...
*Additional use of the video teaching sessions is recommended for the best experience of this Bible study book.
- Affirm that the accounts of Jesus's life in the Gospels are reliable and true.
- Gain a clearer and more captivating view of Jesus' ministry and purpose.
- Cultivate an ability to read, understand, and interpret the different types of genres in the Bible.
- Develop a desire to be a diligent and confident student of Scripture.
Rebecca McLaughlin holds a Ph.D. in Renaissance Literature from Cambridge University and a theology degree from Oak Hill College in London. She is the author of Confronting Christianity: 12 Hard Questions for the World's Largest Religion (2019), which was named book of the year by Christianity Today, and of 10 Questions Every Teen Should Ask (and Answer) about Christianity (2021), The Secular Creed: Engaging 5 Contemporary Claims (2021), Is Christmas Unbelievable? Four Questions Everyone Should Ask About the World's Most Famous Story (2021), and Confronting Jesus: 9 Encounters with the Hero of the Gospels (2022). She lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with her husband, Bryan, her two daughters, Miranda and Eliza, and her son, Luke.