What would it be like to follow Jesus with your entire being?
Avery Willis's MasterLife
has helped hundreds of thousands of Christians progress in many key disciplines of the faith, including prayer, personal purity, living in the Word, witnessing, and others. This updated resource incorporates key components from the original version but is written for a new generation of believers.
The content is simple but comprehensive. Exercises take 15 to 20 minutes per day and include memorizing an assigned Scripture verse each week. The exercises are often experiential and require participants to be vulnerable and reflect on every realm of their being--listening as the Holy Spirit reveals personal applications. This insight can then be shared in group sessions as a way to emphasize authenticity and increase accountability.
An excellent resource to help persons move toward maturity in Christ and gain victory over areas of weakness, MasterLife Together
is appropriate for both new Christians and experienced believers.
The MasterLife Together Bible Study Book
includes printed content for 12 sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," a leader guide, tips for leading a group, and an appendix with many helpful tools for your discipleship, plus five additional recommended sessions.
- 12 small group sessions, plus an introduction and four additional sessions
- Personal study opportunities five days each week for ongoing spiritual growth
- Scripture memorization
- Evangelism training
- Leader guide
- Optional celebration session and prayer workshop
- Learn what it means to follow Jesus holistically as a committed disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Give yourself to God in full and willing surrender.
- Develop a habit of being in God's Word, hearing from Him, and growing in intimacy.
- Deepen your prayer life through praise, thanksgiving, confession, and listening to God.
- See the value of Christ-centered community to deepen and strengthen your individual walk with Jesus.
- Share what God is doing in your life through personal evangelism.
- Understand the work that the Holy Spirit is doing in your life and learn to cooperate with His leadership in all of life.
- Allow your thoughts and emotions to be shaped and conformed to the image of God in Christ Jesus.
- Gain an understanding of how your faith relates to your physical body.
- Enter relationships with other Christians seeking to love and serve them well through healthy communication and giving and receiving forgiveness.
- Participate fully in the mission of Christ.
- Assess your progress as a disciple of Jesus.