Every day, we are being formed by what we consume and engage. From social media to the latest Netflix binge, our minds are being led by what we ingest with our eyes. Yet, the call of the Christian is this: to be conformed to Christ.
The work of Christian formation is an exercise in surrender of the whole self, dwelling in God's Word and allowing Him to shape and mold His people. In this book, you'll find:
- A call to recover truth, goodness, and beauty in the work of formation
- A clear presentation of key doctrines and the work of "getting it right" for rich Christian formation
- Practical guidance on developing a culture of formation within your church
- A call to a deepened commitment to formation for the minister through embracing humility, cultivating friendship, and pursuing a vibrant spiritual life
- Assessments for both individuals and churches