Designed to engage spirit, mind, and emotions, this unique Bible helps turn scripture reading into a transforming encounter with God.
Over 1,500 Entry Point reflections help readers tap into the vital heart of scripture through time-tested spiritual disciplines:
· Lectio divina invites individuals to a time of two-way conversation with God
· Ignatian reading engages all senses as readers explore the passage
· Franciscan reading helps users encounter God through practical and creative acts such as writing and art
· Fivefold question asks what the biblical passage means to individuals
· Quotations from respected Christians, historic and contemporary, illuminate the power of scripture
Seven articles on the spiritual disciplines are included to guide the user in meeting God in Scripture, Prayer, Worship, Service, the Created Order, Everyday Life, Community, and in Getting Started in Spiritual Formation. This Bible has a “How to Use” tool in the introduction and makes an excellent gift.