A Quickening Flame for a Lukewarm Heart
If they are honest, many believers today would describe their Christian experience as "shallow," "hollow," or as religious actions that feel like "nervous activity." Meanwhile, their heart yearns for something more - an authentic connection with a living, passionate God.
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer calls the reader out of the spiritual apathy or religious intellectualism hindering them, and leads them out into a wild adventure with the God who calls Himself a consuming fire.
A. W. Tozer (1897-1963) was an American pastor, author, and spiritual mentor. His writing is at once profound and accessible, both thrilling and pastoral. His own passion flashes like a flame from the pages of this book, kindling a blaze in the heart of all who read it.
In this classic work, readers will find...
● Their hearts quickened with a renewed desire for God Himself
● Courage to forsake anything that hinders their whole-hearted pursuit of God
● A deeper affection for Him as the Object of their pursuit
● A keener awareness of His voice, as He speaks through their journey
● A captivating invitation into a lifestyle of unceasing worship
All those whose hearts cry out, "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God" (Psalm 42:2) will find in this classic work a clear path to the real, intimate relationship with the Father that their soul is craving.