Reclaim your wonder, reshape your life.
We are all born with the wonder switch in the "on" position, but somewhere along the way, our wonder was crushed. When wonder dies, we begin believing the messages telling us to grow up and get in line. In other words, we were made for wonder, but it's been educated right out of our souls.
Yet reclaiming your wonder--and with it, your life--is within your reach. In The Wonder Switch, join professional illusionist Harris III in a journey to bring you back to magic--not the stuff of sleight of hand that he performs across world stages, but real magic: love, hope, joy, belonging, meaning, and purpose.
Cynicism is the force that actively shuts down all of these things. But wonder is the key that unlocks your permission to believe again. The secret to a vibrant life is found in reawakening your childlike wonder, helping you to stop misusing your imagination to worry, and get back to dreaming, innovating, and creating the life you were actually meant to live.
In this book, you'll discover:
- The surprising science behind the stories we tell ourselves and how they shape our lives
- How to identify what's crushing your wonder
- Practices for getting curious and dreaming again
- How to create better internal drama that energizes rather than drains us
- The tools you need to redesign your life
- Why worry is a misuse of your imagination, and how to kick the habit
The beginning of everything you want, Harris writes, is on the other side of this switch.