Author and pastor Andy Stanley explains what made the earliest Christian movement so compelling and resilient...and what we need to change today to make it so again.
Once upon a time there was a version of the Christian faith that was practically irresistible. After all, what could be more so than the gospel that Jesus ushered in? Why, then, isn't it the same with Christianity today?
In this six-session video Bible study, Pastor Andy answers questions like:
- What did first-century Christians know that we don't--about God's Word, about their lives, about love?
- What did they do that we're not doing?
- What makes Christianity so resistible in today's culture?
- What needs to change in order to repeat the growth our faith had at its beginning?
Andy is deeply concerned with the present-day church and its future, and he believes that many of the solutions to our issues can be found by investigating our roots. It's time to hit pause and consider the faith modeled by our first-century brothers and sisters who had no official Bible, no status, and little chance of survival. It's time to embrace the version of faith that initiated--against all human odds--a chain of events resulting in the most significant and extensive cultural transformation the world has ever seen.
This is a version of Christianity we must remember and re-embrace if we want to be salt and light in an increasingly savorless and dark world.
- Simply Resistible (24:00)
- Brand-New Agreement (19:00)
- The Bible According to Jesus (25:00)
- The Irresistible Ethic (29:00)
- What Love Requires (22:00)
- A New Approach (23:00)
This pack contains one DVD and one study guide.