C.S. Lewis once said, "Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." Desiree's started young in choosing to follow her Saviour. Her first mission fields were around her home in the perilous parts of Northern Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. On hearing a call to leave her country, she embarks on a journey of faith, but soon finds herself facing a distressing dilemma--no country to return to. God then opens a door to the most exciting mission field of her life in a closed country, protecting her and providing creative, "under the radar" ways to reach the people. C.S. Lewis reminds us that "Faith is trusting God, even when you don't understand His plan."
Desiree's travels take her across the globe to places as far north as the Orkney Islands and as remote as the underground cities of Cappadocia, showing once again that God's plan for us is far greater than we could ever imagine. Her drawings and descriptions transport you on an escapade where you will:
- discover Biblical accounts in the ancient writings of the early Chinese
- gaze into the rock homes of believers from the book of Acts
- descend into watery tunnels under the age-old city of Jerusalem
- encounter the untold heroes behind the reformation
- uncover a hidden prophecy in the book of Hosea
Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him (I Cor. 2:9 NKJV).