Difficulties and challenges do not disappear when we come to faith and perhaps, all too often, we try to deal with them in our own strength. In Ephesians 6, Paul portrays a soldier standing fully protected and strong in his armor. It's a well-known passage in the Bible, but do we go further than just knowing the armor: being able to list it but not truly and fully applying it to our lives?
In this 7-week study guide, Lynn Penson explores the different pieces of armor in Ephesians 6, from head to toe, and considers how each part protects, strengthens, and empowers readers in Christ.
These verses will remind readers that:
- Salvation makes a vast difference to their life
- They are loved, valued, and forgiven by God
- They can be people of integrity, living Godly lives
- They can replace Satan's lies with God's truth
- They can wear the armor personally and corporately as the Body
- The armor is of little value if not put on and worn intentionally
As these words of Scripture become reality to readers in their daily lives, the implications will become huge. An invitation for readers to put on God's strength, protection, and power, and to face far more than they ever could on their own by putting their faith and trust in God.
Each session includes a Bible reference, opening icebreaker, discussion starter, and suggestions for personal application. Helpful notes for group leaders round out this Bible study, making it ideal for groups or individuals.