There is work to do to fortify the African-American community! (Hebrews 11:10)
Jesus is the ultimate builder, building on Spiritual Strategy. (Matthew 7:24-27)
Black History Focus:
Examples abound from when former slaves built towns in the 1800s during Reconstruction. Today, showing how churches continue the work of rebuilding their communities. Some focus sheds light on Pastor Floyd Flake, Pastor Kirbyjon Caldwell, Bishop Charles Blake, and Dr. John Perkins.
Through the various craft kits to building digital towns children young and older will experience the simulation of rebuilding. Even the adult program for this VBS, all will learn the connection between family business, community, and government.
Individuals have little impact when working alone. But when gifts are combined through communication, collaborations, and cooperation, we can really make a difference...together. God gives us gifts and talents to employ not just for our own success, but also for the success of our community - one that is whole and thrives - one that begins with family.
Why Churches Choose UMI:
- Perfect for VBS, Summer camp or Community outreach
- 10 complete lessons - use for a 5-day or 10-day program
- Age-graded curriculum for preschool through adult
- Flexible curriculum for classroom or rotation-based program
- Adaptable for children's church, after-school programs, holidays and special events
- Easy-to-do activities and crafts for every age level
- A wealth of teaching and student resources to customize you program
- Convenient digital/downloadable resources also available