The Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ) is a detailed and up-to-date survey of the various manuscripts of the Hebrew Bible. It is being published biblical book-by-book by the German Bible Society, and this is number 16 in the series. It covers the book of Job.
- Diplomatic text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new color photographs.
- Masorah magna and parva of the Leningrad Codex are included with the text.
- Layout of poetic texts corresponds as closely as possible to Masoretic accentuation.
- Indications of parallel texts are given on the page.
- A single apparatus is found at the foot of the page.
- Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book.
- Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated.
- All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted.
- A general introduction presents the edition, characterizes the text and masorah of the base text, the particular use of resources, the relation of BHQ to BHS and previous editions, etc.
This text is also accompanied by a commentary.