The Complete Jewish Study Bible pairs the updated text of the Complete Jewish Bible translation with extra study material, to help readers understand and connect with the
Jewish roots of the Christian faith. Now introducing thumb-indexed versions
The Complete Jewish Study Bible pairs the newly updated text of the best-selling Complete Jewish Bible with detailed notes and comprehensive study material to help both Jewish and Christian readers understand and connect with the essence of their faith--God's redemptive plan for his people. Readers will be enriched through this Jewish reading of Scripture and the revelation of the long-awaited Messiah, Yeshua, throughout both the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the B'rit Hadashah (New Testament).
Unique to The Complete Jewish Study Bible are a number of helpful articles and notes to aid the reader in understanding the Jewish context for the Scriptures. The addition of a thumb-index in these versions will enable readers to easily find books in the Tanakh, which are in the order of the Hebrew Bible.
- Twenty-five contributors (both Jewish and Christian), including John Fischer, Patrice Fischer, Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Walter C. Kaiser, Jr., Rabbi Russell Resnik, and more
- Thirty-four topical articles ranging from topics such as the menorah (or "candelabra of God") and repentance (t'shuvah) in the Bible, to Yeshua's "Sermon on the Mount" and the Noachide Laws (the laws given by God to Noah and subsequent generations) and their applicability to Gentiles
- In addition to these topical articles and detailed study notes, there are twelve tracks or themes running throughout the Bible with 117 articles, covering topics such as Jewish Customs, the Names of God, Shabbat, and the Torah
- New Bible book introductions, written from a Jewish perspective
- Bottom-of-page notes to help readers understand the deeper meanings behind the Jewish text
- Sabbath and Holy Day Scripture readings
- Offers the original Hebrew names for people, places, and concepts