Though largely associated with the Great Awakening, Jonathan Edwards leaves an amazing legacy as a theologian and preacher. He left a remarkable body of work, including the six sermons featured in this collection on the sovereignty of God: "It was of the sovereign pleasure of God, that he contrived a way to save any of mankind, and gave us Jesus Christ, his only-begotten Son, to be our Redeemer."
Sovereignty Sermons of Jonathan Edwards is a fine sampling from this renowned preacher. Each sermon is a brilliant and personal invitation to know God through both our intellect and our affections--compelling us to open our hearts to the sweet love and joy available to us in our life in Christ.
This collection includes the following six sermons:
- God Glorified in Man's Dependence (including Advertisement to the Reader, Respecting the First Sermon)
- God's Sovereignty in the Salvation of Men
- Wicked Men Useful in their Destruction Only
- A Divine and Supernatural Light
- Praise, One of the Chief Employments of Heaven
- A Farewell Sermon (including Edwards' Preface)