In "Caring for Our Aging Parents," Michele Howe provides practical and necessary guidance to help readers navigate the uncertain and emotional territory of caring for elderly parents. This book addresses the mental and emotional aspects of growing older, and offers sound biblical advice on how to care for your loved ones with positivity and respect.
"Caring for Our Aging Parents" will guide adult individuals who are facing the obvious and subtle changes that take place as their parents age. It addresses a variety of mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual areas of decline. Readers will learn how to deal more effectively with their own emotional responses to these ever altering shifts in their parents personalities with good grace and by utilizing sound biblical principles.
This resource offers real life stories of individuals who have found positive and life-affirming methods to communicating respectfully and lovingly to their aged parents. Readers will also be heartened to find practical suggestions for mending broken relationships and gaining new ground with their parents, even when their past has been checkered by pain and difficulty.
- They're My Parents Too
- Love and Respect Defined
- When Finances Become Deal Breakers
- Learning to Let Go of the Past
- Focusing on the Eternal When the Temporal Feels Too Painful
- Seeing Older Parents Through the Lens of Grace
- Recognizing Your Parents Personalities May Completely Disappear
- Gently Challenging Parents to Keep Using Their Gifts and Talents
- Sharing Your Faith with Unbelieving Parents
- "and many more."