10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, REVISED AND UPDATED
In this new edition of their classic business fable, Ken Blanchard and Mark Miller get at the heart of what makes a leader successful. Newly promoted but struggling young executive Debbie Brewster asks her mentor the one question she desperately needs answered: "What is the secret of great leaders?" His reply--"great leaders serve"--flummoxes her, but over time he reveals the five fundamental ways that leaders succeed through service. Along the way she learns:
- Why great leaders seem preoccupied with the future
- How people on the team ultimately determine your success or failure
- What three arenas require continuous improvement
- Why true success in leadership has two essential components
- How to knowingly strengthen--or unwittingly destroy--leadership credibility
The tenth anniversary edition includes a leadership self-assessment so readers can measure to what extent they lead by serving and where they can improve. The authors also have added answers to the most frequently asked questions about how to apply the SERVE model in the real world.
As practical as it is uplifting, The Secret
shares Blanchard's and Miller's wisdom about leadership in a form that anyone can easily understand and implement. This book will benefit not only those who read it but also the people who look to them for guidance and the organizations they serve.