Parenting isn't rocket science, it's just brain surgery.
And Dr. Joshua Straub has good news for you: You can do it
You don't need to do all the "right" things as a parent. Both science and the Bible show us that the most important thing we can provide for our kids is a place of emotional safety. In other words, the posture
from which we parent matters infinitely more than the techniques of parenting.
Emotional safety--more than any other factor--is scientifically linked to raising kids who live, love, and lead well. Learn how to use emotional safety as a foundation from which you parent--and make a cultural impact that could change the world
In Safe House,
Dr. Straub draws from his extensive research and personal experience to help you:
- Foster healthy identity and social development in children of any age
- Win the war without getting overwhelmed in the daily battles
- Discipline in a way that builds relationship
- Understand how the culture is affecting your child and what you can do about it
- Cultivate responsible, self-regulating behavior in your kids
- Establish an unshakeable sense of faith, morality, and values in your home
- Feel more confident and peaceful as a parent
- Find a greater perspective on parenting than what you might see on a daily basis Also includes a Safe House Parenting Assessment.