Founded in 1972 and based on the principles of healthy eating, a disciplined lifestyle, and Christian discipleship, the "3D" program quickly became a phenomenal success in churches across the nation. Now, Carol Showalter, with nutritionist and dietician Maggie Davis, takes the tried-and-true philosophy of 3D to a whole new level.
Your Whole Life! begins with the story of 3D and a brief explanation of the 3D Plan for the first twelve weeks. Showalter and Davis offer encouragement and wise teaching on subjects such as will-power, obedience, self-worth, reaching out to others, understanding emotions, and striving for wholeness of body, mind and spirit. Weekly devotional readings, ranging from the early Christian mystics to contemporary writers, are also included.
Your Whole Life! features a completely revised, updated and expanded nutritional section by Maggie Davis, who has spent her career helping others to achieve optimal health and "nutritional wisdom" by integrating current scientific knowledge with personal and spiritual growth. This section includes:
- Meal plans, menus and recipes for the whole family
- Food-related self assessment tools for individuals and groups
- Tools to develop a personalized food plan for individuals to meet their physical, medical, emotional and social needs
- Information about body composition and fitness
- Nutritional advice for individuals as they more from one phase of life to another (ie. pregnancy and menopause)
- Current research on healthy earing and weight control
Insisting that it is better to be whole than thin, reclaiming balance instead of obsession, and communicating a vision of generous living as opposed to self-centered dieting, Your Whole Life! will be welcomed by a new generation of Christians who are looking for a holistic approach to dieting that encompasses body, mind and spirit.