Can we begin to experience the resurrection in our ordinary life on earth? Bishop Jake Owensby says yes as he re-examines the biblical concept of resurrection and how Jesus’ resurrection influences his followers every day.
A resurrection-shaped life:
- Finds hope through honest reflection on the past.
- Discovers meaning in suffering.
- Moves beyond shame and blame toward self-acceptance and compassion.
- Emerges from loss and regret to find contentment and joy.
- Develops forgiveness as a habitual way of life.
- Transcends “us-them” divisions to form inclusive community.
- Draws strength from the hope of life after life.
A Resurrection Shaped Life explains how we begin to experience resurrection in Christian practices such as repentance and forgiveness and discusses how new life emerges from our small deaths: suffering, shame, regret, and loss.