A daily-use devotional resource filled with rich treasures
- Ideal for personal, household, or group devotions.
- Includes a daily prayer and hymn for each day of the calendar year.
- Includes monthly pages for recording prayer requests and blessings suitable for many occasions.
Bread for the Day is a daily-use devotional filled with rich treasures:
- A brief scripture reading (NRSV texts) for each day following the daily lectionary developed by the Consultation on Common Texts and presented in Evangelical Lutheran Worship
- Dated for January 1, 2019, through December 31, 2019
- A prayer and hymn for each day
- Brief yet helpful introductions to the seasons
- Table graces/meal prayers for the holidays and seasons
- Household blessings for special times throughout the year, including Anniversary of a Baptism, Blessing for the New Year, Blessing for a Home at Epiphany, Blessing of the Household for Thanksgiving Day, Remembering Those Who Have Died, Lighting the Advent Wreath, Blessing of the Christmas Tree
- Monthly pages for recording prayer requests
- Notes on festivals and commemorations
- Simplified forms for morning and evening prayer
- Waking prayers and bedtime prayers, including prayers with children
Use Bread for the Day for personal, household, or group devotions. This is the perfect resource for individuals, congregations, households, Bible study groups, prayer groups, pastors, church councils, outreach teams, confirmation students, and teachers.