We re becoming a culture that says there is no truth to be found about God. We also think that tolerance is about accepting every view as equally true but, realistically, with an exception excluding the Christian faith. Christians are rapidly becoming the target of secular media and aggressive atheist propaganda, marginalizing not just Christian beliefs, but also Christian people.
False ideas within the body of Christ and the influence of culture crack our foundation of faith. Many women need to go back to the basis of their beliefs and strengthen confidence in their beliefs and in God. The goal of this study is to help every Christian effectively converse on truth by following basic steps: 1) See the need for these conversations, 2) Know what you believe, 3) Listen to discover the cultural view, 4) Learn to ask questions, 5) Respond to false beliefs, and 6) Engage in a lifestyle of total truth.
- Leader material (guides to questions and discussion with small group)
- Personal Study segments include 6 weeks of homework with additional free downloadable videos
- 6-session Bible Study Book with group and personal component, leader helps
- A trusted teacher, Mary Jo Sharp holds a Masters in Christian Apologetics from Biola University and is the first woman to become a Certified Apologetics Instructor through the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Biblical truth that s reliable
- This study can be used by a group of any size in a church or another setting, small group in a home, or as an individual user
- For those who are seeking, new believers, or seasoned Christians who desire to see how the truth of Scripture is proven and can be trusted
A former atheist from the Pacific Northwest who thought religion was for the weak-minded, Mary Jo is now a Christian author and apologist. She holds a Masters in Christian Apologetics from Biola University and is the first woman to become a Certified Apologetics Instructor through the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. A clear communicator with a teacher's heart, she finds great joy in discussing the deep truths of her Savior. She enjoys conversing with people of differing views, and has even engaged in formal debates with Muslims. Mary Jo s first Bible study with LifeWay was Why Do You Believe That?