The Truth Bible Study Book helps disciples answer the question "What does a disciple believe?" Many people will claim Christianity, but do they really know what they believe? Do they know the doctrines of the faith? The Truth challenges group members to take a deeper dive into six core doctrines: God as triune creator, the reality of sin, the Person and work of Christ, the kingdom of God, and the church. This disciple-making resource emphasizes practice and mentoring for group settings of multiple sizes to explore the primary doctrines of a disciple of Jesus. Like all the releases in the Disciples Path series, The Truth uses teaching, questions, conversation, exercises, and individual study to facilitate transformational discipleship.
The sessions include:
1. The Doctrine of God
2. The Doctrine of Man
3. The Person and Work of Christ
4. The Kingdom of God
5. The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit
6. The Doctrine of the Church
The study includes an introduction to the weekly session topic, guided prayer options, and Scripture focus with text and narrative explanation that drives the weekly meeting. Also included each week are discussion questions and group exercises that reinforce the primary teaching points of each topic. Individual study and out-of-group activities have all been crafted to help users take their next step as disciples of Christ. These optional activities include but are not limited to reading plans, prayer exercises, personal study, and journaling.
- Bible study format, content, and activities created and written by practicing disciple-makers
- Individual exercises to provide opportunities to practice discipleship
- A personal Bible study plan
- Understand the essential doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Facilitate transformation through modeling and practice.
- Use as a "handbook" for one-on-one or two-on-one discipleship situations.
- Lead effectively--requires minimal leader preparation and allows the facilitator to model what it means to be a disciple.
- Initiate an intentional discipleship path with individuals or groups.