The Women Reaching Women in Crisis Handbook includes includes 8 chapters of content dealing with crisis issues women face in ministering to women in their church and community. Often in difficult situations and circumstances we don't know what to do. However, God wants to use women to help other women dealing with crisis. He also desires to redeem our own experiences to walk in understanding with other women dealing with similar experiences we have had. Women Reaching Women in Crisis is designed to help leaders (or any woman) know how to assist women in pain or how to refer them to others if they don t have the ability to help. The specific crisis issues in this handbook include prodigal children, domestic violence and spousal abuse, substance abuse, depression, sexual addiction, post-abortion trauma, and infertility.
1. Substance abuse
2. Post-abortion trauma
3. Domestic violence and spousal abuse
5. Prodigal children
6. Sexual addiction
- Great print-only Handbook for individual use or group use
- Biblically-rooted and gospel-centered
- Deals with specific issues by chapter and can be used in any order
- 8 chapters that can be read and used by an individual in any order
- A great resource tool for leaders or for any woman wanting to minister to other women dealing with crisis issues
- Designed to provide leaders and any woman with a resource to help other women experiencing various types of crisis
- Guides women to seek Scripture and God s plan in dealing with specific crisis situations
- Encourages women to face the challenges of ministering to women in crisis and providing the right help and support through the Scripture, the church, and other godly counsel
- Women can read specific chapters or use the entire Handbook as needed to meet the specific ministry needs in their church and community
Chris Adams is senior lead women s ministry specialist at LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, Tenn. Prior to her employment at LifeWay in December 1994, Chris was the special ministries coordinator at Green Acres Baptist Church in Tyler, Tex., coordinating women s ministry and missions education. She is an ongoing guest teacher at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary s Women s Certificate Program, where she received her undergraduate degree in Christian ministry from the seminary s Leavell College. Chris has been a consultant, speaker, and conference leader in a variety of church and denominational roles. She is a contributor and guest editor of Journey, and compiled Women Reaching Women: Beginning and Building a Growing Women s Ministry, Transformed Lives: Taking Women s Ministry to the Next Level, and Women Reaching Women in Crisis. In 2008, Chris received the Career of Excellence award at LifeWay. She is a wife, mother of twin daughters, and grandmother of seven. She also loves reading, good coffee, and chocolate. Visit her blog at lifeway.com/womenreachingwomen.