The Rebuild Member Book by Kathleen Nielson includes a small-group experience for 8 small-group sessions, individual study, applicable Scripture, and a group discussion guide. Also includes tips for leading a group and leader's guide.
Nielson's study takes us into a compelling story The Book of Nehemiah tells of God's people returned from exile and rebuilding the broken-down city of Jerusalem. More than that, it tells of God's people being rebuilt according to His Word. As we watch the leader Nehemiah direct the rebuilding, we're watching the Lord God direct history according to His promises all of which were fulfilled in the promised Christ who came from this people's seed. This study of Nehemiah helps us understand our history as believers in Jesus Christ. It helps us learn to walk in faith according to God's Word, even in times of weakness and rebuilding. Eight lessons draw us into the text, giving background and asking questions that lead us to make fruitful and personal observations. Through this study we peer into the dramatic story of God's people sustained by God's Word, at a crucial point in salvation history.
- Session 1: Meeting Nehemiah
- Session 2: Action In Light of God's Word (Nehemiah 1-2)
- Session 3: Laboring for a God Who Fights For Us (Nehemiah 3-4)
- Session 4: Fearing God in a Fallen World (Nehemiah 5-6)
- Session 5: Coming Together around God's Word (Nehemiah 7-8)
- Session 6: Responding to God according to his Word (Nehemiah 9-10)
- Session 7: Celebrating A Moment of Joy in Jerusalem (Nehemiah 11-12)
- Session 8: Leaning Forward in the Dark: A Failed Reformation (Nehemiah 13)
- Teaching from Nancy Guthrie, D.A. Carson, and Kathleen Nielson
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered teaching
- Leader material (environment, guides to questions, general leadership, and so on)
- Fresh commentary for personal study segments
- 8-session workbook with group and personal component
- Lessons in leadership from prominent voices of The Gospel Coalition
Kathleen Nielson serves as director of women's initiatives for The Gospel Coalition. She holds MA and PhD degrees in literature from Vanderbilt University and a BA from Wheaton College. Author of the Living Word Bible studies, she speaks often at women's conferences and loves working with women in studying the Bible. She shares a heart for students with her husband, Niel, president of Covenant College from 2002 to 2012 and now leading an enterprise developing resources for Christian schools around the world.