Sooner or later, heartache comes to everyone. Sadness, sorrow, disappointment, mourning, grief—whatever people call it—is a fact of life. People need help in knowing how to deal with grief, how to work through it, and how to grow because of it.
In When Grief Breaks Your Heart, best-selling author James W. Moore explores two major questions:
• What does faith say about the grief experience?
• How does faith help mend a broken heart?
The book, therefore, is about grief and grace. Moore shows how these two words belong together:
• God’s grace sustains people through the grief experience
• God’s love supports people when they have nowhere else to turn
• God’s grace brings the healing touch people so desperately need when their hearts are crushed.
The book is appropriate for anyone who is experiencing grief. Pastors especially will find it helpful to keep a quantity on hand to pass out to people during grief experiences and grief counseling.