Creation Restored: The Gospel According to Genesis - Member Book is a 7 session young adult Bible study on Genesis. Abraham, Jacob, and Joseph. As the main characters in the Book of Genesis, many of us have been hearing stories about these men ever since we were children. The problem is, such stories are usually broken up into isolated fragments: Abraham on Mount Moriah, Jacob wrestling with God, Joseph and his many-colored coat. When we dig deeper, we see that these men are part of a single, seamless story--one that stretches from the first page of the Bible to the last.
Join authors Matt Carter and Halim Suh as they examine Genesis 12-50 and explore how the early portions of the Bible foreshadow the gospel of Jesus Christ -- the good news of salvation and redemption that we find only in relationship with Him. When we read about Abraham, Jacob, and Joseph--the family of promise--we read about salvation by faith. We begin to understand that God orchestrates everything, including suffering and evil, in order to redeem the consequences of the fall and ultimately restore us to Him.
- Faith Is God's Decisive Act
- Faith Is Our Dependent Act
- God's Love Conquers Sin
- God's Love Goes Further Still
- The God Who Speaks in Silence
- The Gospel Reversal
- The God Who Sets Us Free
- 160 page 6"x9" Member Book
- 7 sessions with 4 months of study duration
- Thought-provoking questions good for personal reflection or group discussion
- Handles tough topics often shied away from and views them through the lens of grace and freedom
- Challenges readers to examine their patterns and desires and be inspired to subvert those desires with a renewed affection for Jesus
- Takes a gospel transformation, rather than behavioral modification, approach to our sin
Matt Carter serves as lead pastor of The Austin Stone Community Church in Austin, Texas. A cancer survivor, author, and speaker for camps and conferences nationwide, he holds a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Matt and his wife, Jennifer, have three children.
Halim Suh and his wife, Angela, have three kids and live in Austin, Texas, where he is an elder and pastor of equipping at The Austin Stone Community Church. Halim has a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Texas A&M University and a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.