A Time to Heal is Scott's life story. It starts with Scott's skiing accident and serious head injury, backs up to his life as a successful orthopedic surgeon and business turn-around guru, follows his decision to found and run CURE International, and ends in present time.
This book covers historical and spiritual events:
- Scott's surgical initiation in the Vietnam War
- Scott's raw ambition and drive for success as a surgeon
- His conversion story at the age of 40
- His short-term mission trips to do surgical work in Africa
- God's call to Scott and his wife, Sally, to work with the 140 million crippled kids in the world who need healing
- Launching a non-profit hospital organization in third-world countries after the age of 60
- The challenge of running hospitals in less than ideal political and economic circumstances
- Issues connected with Scott's closed head injury and their affect on key relationships
- Multiple points throughout his life when Scott felt God leading him Scott's story is a story of DOING.
A life of action. This action has come at a cost. There have been successes and failures but in it all, God was there.