Exploring the Old Testament: A Guide to the Pentateuch
offers a clear overview of the "five books of Moses," as well as an introduction to the historical and textual questions that modern scholarship has posed and the answers it has proposed. This critically informed, textually sensitive introduction to the Pentateuch introduces students to
- the basic features of the Pentateuch
- the social world of the Bible
- the latest scholarship on the composition of the Pentateuch
- literary techniques and forms
- theme, composition and rhetorical function of the Pentateuch
In this textbook you will find double-column formatting for ease of use, annotated bibliographies for further reading, sidebar explorations of select historical and textual topics in greater detail, a glossary of terms, and relevant charts and maps.