Study the Bible with one of America's greatest living theologians.
Charles Ryrie's life work has been to help people know and understand the Bible--a pursuit that has encompassed church ministry, college professorships, and, most notably, his position as the Systematic Theology Chair at Dallas Theological Seminary. The Ryrie Study Bible reflects this lifetime of biblical scholarship in a single, powerful work.
Since its initial publication in 1978, The Ryrie Study Bible has sold more than 2.6 million copies, giving countless Bible readers a firmer grasp on "the greatest of books." Available in multiple translations and containing more than 10,000 of Dr. Ryrie's explanatory notes, it is a single source for all Bible study needs.
Included are detailed sections for broad biblical comprehension:
- A Synopsis of Bible Doctrine
- The Inspiration of the Bible
- Understanding the Bible
- How We Got Our Bible
- The Meaning and Blessings of Salvation
- Archeology and the Bible
- A Brief Survey of Church History
- In-text graphics, including maps, charts, timelines, and diagrams
- Book outlines
- Extensive cross-references
- Expanded topical index
- Comprehensive concordance
- Detailed introduction to each book
- Introduction to the Old and New Testaments and the Gospels
- All-new 16 full-color maps
- 8-page historical timeline
- Daily Bible reading plan
- Thinner: 20% fewer pages than older versions
- Wide margins for better notetaking