It happens all the time: a leader reads a book or goes to a conference and learns great new ideas for their organization. But when they try to implement changes, nothing budges. Why?
It s because work cultures are deeply rooted. Paul White knows this, and it s why he wrote The Resilient Workplace to give workplace leaders a thorough understanding of the most common obstacles to change, plus the skills to overcome them.
Pairing real-life examples with professional advice and research, White offers a guide to uprooting negativity and cultivating authentic appreciation and resiliency in the workplace. Readers will learn how to:
- Assess what negativity is costing their company
- Address the deeper issues under unhealthy dynamics
- Make authentic appreciation the cornerstone of work culture
- Apply the five languages of appreciation strategically
- Bring out the best in their employees and teams
Any workplace can be healthy. It just takes knowledge of the issues and skills to navigate them, which is exactly what this book provides. Readers will be equipped to successfully overhaul their workplace environment and infuse it with authentic appreciation.