Not too short, not too long, not hard to memorize, not hard to stage, and just the right message
-- it can be a real challenge to find uplifting dramatic material that fulfills these requirements. This collection of six award-winning scripts meets that challenge with meaningful plays that are practical, easy to produce, and touch the heart These flexible sketches can be presented without sets or props, making them well-suited for dramatic insertions during worship. They're also useful as inspirational centerpieces for retreats, women's ministry, teen events, or outreach opportunities. It Takes Courage
is a valuable and enriching resource for anyone in drama ministry.
* Be a Blessing -- a drama based on a pastor's unique challenge to his congregation
* What's in Your Backpack? -- a sketch depicting a teen who chooses to trust God when wrongly accused
* Where Is Courage? -- a play about children searching for true bravery
* Every Knee Shall Bow -- readers' theater based on Revelation 5 and 6
* This Joy We Share -- readers' theater the amazing power of the Holy Spirit
* Who Is in Control? -- a monologue portraying the apostle Paul's mother Pam Speights
is the head of the speech department at Wharton County Junior College in Wharton, Texas. She has served as a drama minister and has been a speech and drama teacher for Christian high schools and colleges. Speights is a graduate of Abilene Christian University with bachelor's and master's degrees in speech and communication, and she is currently studying for a doctoral degree in education at the University of Houston. She is an active member of First Colony Church of Christ in Sugar Land, Texas.