Engage in devotional, Christ-centered Bible reading and study with the distinctive, comprehensive notes and practical application of The Lutheran Study Bible.
This new Bible is the first in English to be developed from the ground-up with notes that are distinctively Lutheran, prepared by Lutheran theologians and pastors from over twenty Lutheran church bodies. Current Lutheran scholarship, insights from the Church Fathers, and rich devotional commentary provides meaningful perspective for both young and mature Christians.
The Lutheran Study Bible features:
• 26,500-plus uniquely Lutheran study notes.
• Over 2,000 application notes and prayers for every part of the Bible.
• 80,000 center column cross-references.
• Over 900 cross-references to 120 full or half-page maps, charts, and diagrams.
• 220-plus articles and introductions to biblical books and topics.
• Insights from early church, medieval and Reformation era church fathers.
• Uses the English Standard Version translation, one of the most precise English translations available.
• Durable Smyth-sewn binding.
The Lutheran Study Bible will be produced with paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), a decision that promotes our ongoing commitment to care for God’s creation. FSC is an international, nonprofit, membership-based organization that promotes responsible management of the world’s forests. The FSC trademark guarantees that products come from responsible sources that are environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable.
Printed and manufactured in the United States.
Dimensions are 7" x 9" x 1.75"
Weight: 3.7 lbs