Get the Knowledge You Need to Be Sugar Smart
Do you have a sweet tooth? You're definitely not alone. The average American consumes 130 pounds of added sugar every year that's 22 teaspoons per day High-sugar diets have been linked to heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and a host of dental problems.
Popular cookbook author Georgia Varozza is here to gently guide you toward trimming the sugar from your diet and offer a better, more healthful way to eat. Get the answers you need to the most important questions regarding your sugar intake:
- Which foods should be avoided at (almost) all costs?
- What is the glycemic index and how can you use it?
- How do you make the switch from a high-carb to a low-carb diet?
- What are some of the most popular "hidden" names for sugar?
- Is it possible to satisfy a craving for sweets with "real food" as opposed to processed snacks?
With expert advice, helpful encouragement, and delicious, nutritious recipes, The Sugar Smart Cookbook is your go-to guide for healthy eating.