What does it mean to believe Jesus? Not just believe in Jesus, but actually believe what He said--and shape our lives around that truth? How would that affect the choices we make? The way we see the world? The way we conduct ourselves with other Christians?
In Believing Jesus, Lisa Harper answers these questions by looking at the lives of the believers in Acts and how Jesus' command to spread the gospel forever shaped their lives. You will hear how Peter turned tables on his Benedict-Arnold behavior and became a church-building saint when the power of the Holy Spirit came over him. How the first believers were so gifted at giving they made Santa look bush league. How it cost Stephen and other early believers their very lives to follow Christ. And how Paul's case proves God's grace can change the worst of sinners, making us willing to have our lives interrupted by God and boldly share the gospel to the world.
Today, we are faced with the same decisions the early church faced. Will we, like them, truly believe the words of Jesus and allow them to transform every part of our lives?
- The Declarations that Define Us (21:00)
- Earth, Wind, and Celestial Fire (19:00)
- Checkered Pasts Can Make Incredible Preachers ( 21:00)
- What's Mine Is Yours (19:00)
- Loving More People, More (16:00)
- The Need to Be ReGospeled (19:00)
- Turning Your World Upside Down (20:00)
- Bearing the Chain Because (24:00)
Designed for use with the Believing Jesus Study Guide 9780718038625 (sold separately).